Well, it’s happened. Breezy 65 degree days, Friday night, Saturday and Sunday football, pumpkin spice everything, pumpkins, gourds and mums. Tis the season for fall. I swear as soon as the kids started school the end of August, summer basically died at that moment. I thought surely I’d get a couple peaceful days by the pool, but my goodness this week we will have our first 80 degree day in over two weeks. Listen Mother Nature, making it necessary to dress in long johns to attend the first Friday night football game is a bit ridiculous. Just because Starbucks releases the ever popular Pumpkin Spice Latte September 1st, doesn’t mean we are ready for everything Fall. No judgement, but this girl just tried her first ever PSL last week. I will say it was pretty good! So, since it seems this Fall transition is here, I’m going to share my favorite closet staples to get through the cool mornings and afternoon sun! So far I’m relying on Target and Nordstrom to get me through, and keep me looking fresh this Fall season.
My closet staples that I can wear multiple ways.
For the days that have a bit of chill in the air early morning while I’m out and about, but that afternoon sun peeks through and you can survive in a t-shirt. But, wait- come about 6pm you better have your jacket ready, because you’ll need it while the kids are at their evening activities after school. These are the days Mother Nature is bipolar. Sunshine- beautiful and warm, oh wait- there’s a cloud, get your jacket back on because here come the goosebumps! I swear at our football game Saturday I had my jacket on and off a million times. (Not exaggerating)
- Basic Tee– I LOVE these twist front tees from BP. They give that tucked look perfectly, are super comfy and wash up really nice. I’ve got them in multiple colors, but the white is an absolute must! Also, attached are a few of my other favorite basic tees that aren’t so basic, but have that little extra that keeps you looking fresh.
- Lightweight Jacket– These lightweight utility jackets are awesome. I have this Free People utility jacket in both navy and olive. Love them both, especially with the added beaded detail on the arm. It just gives it that little bit of extra that you’re sometimes looking for. Also, there’s two ways you can button the jacket. One way gives you a more fitted look if you desire. I usually just like the open look. It’s also got great sleeves for rolling.
- I also grabbed this open front cinch utility cardigan during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. (See everything I got from the sale here) It has a super lightweight feel, cinch to give a more fitted look. I’m really digging the denim blue color this year.
- Booties– There’s really no need to go into great details, but booties are the IT boot this year. I love these peep toe booties for the days that are a tad warmer and I’m not ready to fully let go of the summer vibe yet. They are extremely comfortable and I can wear them all day while running errands.
Now, for the days that don’t even break 70 degrees a t-shirt isn’t going to cut it for me. It’s basically long sleeve everything. And, for those little piggies on my feet, they are staying fully covered with socks! LOL
- L/S Basic Tee– I was in Target the other day and I’m loving the new A New Day line. Lots of great pieces at awesome prices. I grabbed a few of these L/S tees. They give a slight heathered look, plus have a nice length. Wear it as is with a statement necklace, or use it as a base layer.
- Sweater– Ok, I really wasn’t sure if the fuss over these Barefoot Dreams cardigans made them really worth the price tag. BUT, yes they are! I have never felt something so soft, outside of cashmere but this is it! I honestly put this sweater on every morning as soon as I get out of bed. I’m putting the robe on my Christmas list because it is AMAZING!
- Skinny Jeans– Grab a pair of medium wash skinny jeans and either give them a few rolls to make a nice cuff or tuck them down in the booties.
- Booties– I grabbed these BP booties during the anniversary sale. I feel like BP shoes are totally underrated! They are comfy, cute and have a great price point. I grabbed these ones in gray and black. The heel is a great “walking heel” too!
So, here it is. Cheers to pumpkin spice lattes, beer, fires, football, sweaters and booties. I’m not 100% ready for fall, but there’s not a thing I can do about it. So, I’m going put on my big girl panties along with my Barefoot Dreams cardigan and embrace this fall season!