It’s hard to believe the kids will be back to school in under six weeks. Where has the summer gone? Now, I’m not going to lie, there have been some days I’ve wished they were back in school already. LOL Last year on the first day of school I had a Mom’s Back to School Party. It’s on the schedule again this year, especially since my baby starts kindergarten. (Insert sad and happy emoji here) I went ahead and snagged the kids some school clothes during the Anniversary Sale. I usually don’t buy the kids much for back to school since they are still 80 degrees the first month back. My luck I get them cooler weather things but by the time it’s cool enough to wear it they’ve decided to have a growth spurt.
Top picks for the little divas.
- Girl’s Freshman Ruched Sleeve Tee – The ruched sleeves on this soft sweatshirt help give it just that little bit of extra.
- Striped Sweater– Cozy striped sweater with a hi-low hemline.
- Nike Dri-Fit Tunic– Perfect for gym day top pair with her favorite leggings.
- Distressed Denim Jacket– Perfect closet staple for those cool mornings or to throw over her favorite fall dress.
- Back Detail Cardigan– Great cardi with a little extra party in the back. Comes in a few colors.
- Chambray Peplum Top– Put this with her favorite black leggings.
- Sequin Star Tutu Dress– Picture Day perfect!
- Hooded Denim Jacket– Love the casualness this denim jacket gives with the soft fleece sleeves.
- Knit Dress– I used to carry this brand in my boutique and loved the girly designs they always came out with.
- The Meow Jegging– The little cat face on these jeggings is adorable! Cute little added touch to the typical black jean or legging.
- Washed & Worn Romper– I was actually a little surprised when Madison picked this out, but I love it! Just add a neutral sandal and layer with a denim jacket if needed.
- Distressed Step Hem Jeans– LOVE the added detail of the step hem on these comfy girlfriend jeans!
- Ankle Skinny Jeans– Another cute pair of skinnies that will go great with a pair of sandals or flats.
- Tunic & Legging Set– OMGee, the little diva will be ready for the first day of Pre-K or Kindergarten in this adorable set!
- Nike Athletic Shoes– I got a pair of these Free Run tennis shoes during the sale for myself and love how lightweight and flexible they are!
- Superstar Sneaker– A little extra pizazz to a classic!
- Light Up High Top Sneaker– Emoji’s, bright colors, and light up toes?? Yes!
- Lowland Bow Riding Boot– Nice suede boot available in both tan and black.
- Metallic Bootie– Love the laser cut detail of this bootie. Available in multiple colors too!
- Glitz Slip-On Sneaker– Madison loves my Slip On Sneakers, and this was the perfect add on to her collection for her “Mommy & Me” coordinating outfit ensembles.
- Samara Riding Boot– Great leather riding boot is a perfect closet staple piece. I love the extra detail on the side.
- Metallic Shoreline Chuck Taylor’s– These metallic converse will go with everything for your little diva!
Top picks for your little dudes.
- Short Sleeve Button Front Shirt– Picture Day perfect for your little dude this school year!
- Dri-fit Training Hoodie– Active wear hoodie for the cool mornings, Friday night football games or gym glass.
- Woven Hoodie– Great layering piece for fall.
- Button Top Henley– Another great staple piece for the younger guy in your life.
- Graphic Tee– Cute graphic tees, amazing price point and multiple style options!
- UA Tee– My youngest dude is an Under Armour addict. (No joke) He may have been to blame for getting his Pre-K buddies hooked on UA tall crew socks. I think they’d have competition on who’s came up the highest. (Insert eye roll here…)
- Hooded Denim Jacket– I love to see the little guys in a cute denim jacket. The hood and fleece is an added bonus!
- Puffer Jacket– Keep them warm this winter in a North Face puffer jacket. Can’t beat a sale on North Face!
- Track Pants– Back to the Under Armour Sale. My boys love UA sweatpants.
- Converse High Top Sneaker– A great neutral shoe for your dude. Personally I’m not a fan of high tops but, my youngest loves them.
- French Terry Pants– These classic french terry jeans with keep your dude comfy and cool this school year.
- See Kai Run Sneaker– These sneakers come with rave reviews! Great to give your little guy that extra “class” to his outfit.
- Infant Converse Sneaker– Nothing I love more than seeing a little stud dressed like the big boys. These will definitely do the trick!
- Nike Tennis Shoe– My boys are both tennis shoe lovers. I swear Jayden would get a new pair every time we go shopping.
- UA Short– Again, anytime I can grab Under Armour on sale I take advantage of it!
I’m still on both sides of the spectrum on how I feel about it almost being time for the kids to head back to school. Jayden is so excited to start Kindergarten this year. But, I know once he gets to the big school time goes so fast. Madison is going into 3rd grade and has been begging to be home schooled this year. I’m really not sure why, she can’t give a great answer on her reasoning, but she’s never been a school lover so far. I’m praying for a good year for her this year. Parker starts 5th grade this year, the last year of elementary school for him. He’s so mature for his age, I just can’t believe how much he’s grown this summer. He’s as tall as me (5’3″) and we can share the same shoe size. CRAZY!
Here’s to all of your dudes and divas having a great school year, and take advantage of some of these Nordstrom Anniversary Sale savings for your kiddos!
*Blog & Social Media sites owned by www.fashionablylatemom.com may contain affiliate links from Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and others where I may earn a commission at no extra charge to you.
However all items shared, are only shared because I love them!*