FLM may earn commissions from products or companies mentioned in this post. All items are shared because they are loved and at no additional cost to you.
Sunday’s are often a mix of trying to relax and just feel refreshed to take on a new week or working like crazy to catch up. With the new year starting I’m trying to give myself some grace on Sunday’s and kicking off the week with a Sunday morning refresh. It truly just takes a few simple steps to hopefully feel less stressed going into a new week.
5 Things You Should Do to Feel Refreshed
- If waking with an alarm, set the alarm for at least an hour later than you get up during the week. That way, you still have some structure with your day, but awarding your body with a little extra sleep it most likely deserves.
- Give your body extra treatment. Treat yourself to a long bath with either a mimosa or a cup of hot tea to relax. Use some epson salt in the bath to help out those tired muscles. Take the extra time to pamper your skin today. Exfoliate, moisturize your body and even give yourself a glow with some tanning drops. It’s crazy how just giving my skin a little extra color in the winter can make me feel so much better. If you’re planning on soaking in the bath, my Mother’s Day Amazon Live has some great items to help out.
- No work. This means the laundry, “real work”, cooking or anything else we do day in and day out. Take the day… read the book you’ve been wanting to dive into, or watch that trashy reality tv show no one else in the house understands why you watch it. Just getting lost in something that’s not the real world gives our mind the break it needs.
- Dry and curl your hair. Ok, this may actually seem like work, but it’s going to give you a head start on Monday morning and I swear you’ll appreciate having one less thing to do.
- Treat yourself to something. Is there something sitting in your Amazon cart that you keep holding back for later? Hit checkout.
Need something to help make your next Sunday morning reset go a little smoother. Everything shown above is exactly what would help me have the perfect relaxing Sunday to get a reset on the week and new year.
Have you done a Sunday reset? Let me know in the comments how you treat yourself to a relaxing and refreshing day.